I mentioned on Wednesday that my next project for Build Your Wardrobe was the Buttercup Bag, Made by Rae. Well, I made it last night, and I LOVE it!!! I highly recommend this pattern. It came together in about 2 hours, the directions were really easy to follow, and it looks so cute!
I have been dying to use that fabric for something ever since I found it at my local fabric shop. I think that this is the perfect application. Elfride helped me pick out some fabric to line the bag, and Mike picked out the buttons. My kind of joint project!
You can see in the picture that I made a couple changes to the pattern. I extended the length of the strap by about 4 inches because I like my bags to hang a bit lower on my body. I left out the small piece of fabric behind the bottons because the buttons are kind of large, and you could hardly see the small piece of fabric behind them. Finally, I did not insert the magnetic snap. I think this was my one mistake. I wish I had left it in because it adds some structure and functionality to the bag.
If I was to make it again, I might add some interfacing to the strap and the top strips of fabric to add some more structure. I think this might make the bag a little more durable. All in all, this is a great pattern, even for beginners. If you have a chance, definately give it a try.
And now on to Five Senses Friday…Hosted by Abby.
– My dark office. I wish I was outside.
– Clouds coming over the mountains and slowly filling the blue sky above me.
– Spring, finally “springing” back after the last snow storm of the winter.
– Fresh rain on the pavement.
– Breakfast for dinner…yummy!
– Branches Black Button Sage Honey. On oatmeal or by itself! Mmmm, so buttery!
– Dropletts of water landing on my nose and tongue.
– The woodpecker, who had made his home on the top of a lightpost instead of a tree. That guy is so silly!