Hosted by Abby.
– The sudden changes in weather. Mid-Spring one day, Mid-Winter the next.
– Sweet Cardamom Cookies (recipe below), baking.
– Fresh snow falling outside, laying a thick blanket over the earthy-sweet fragrances of Spring.
– Freshly baked cookies and Good Earth tea, from my favorite mug.
– A simple quesadilla with black beans. mmmm.
– The warmth radiating from the fireplace.
– Freshly ironed fabric…ready for the many projects I have in queue.
– The sewing machine, marching onward all day long.
– The wind howling outside, while I am bundled up inside.
This week we experienced some really odd weather…a sudden storm dumped over a foot of snow in one day, so we were pretty much confined to our apartment. I made this recipe up using ingredients we had on hand, and I have to say, it turned out deliciously!! Cardamom is one of my new favorite spices!
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups unbleached AP flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar on medium until fluffy and lighter in color. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. sift flour, baking soda, salt and cardamom into the butter mixture. Mix on low speed to combine. Be sure to scrape down the sides once with a spatula to make sure you combine everything evenly. Drop cookies about the size of a tablespoon onto a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet. bake in oven for 12 minutes, turning half way through. The cookies will be done when they are just slightly golden on the very edges. Place cookies on a cooling rack until cool. Enjoy with a tall, cold glass of milk, or some tea!