With the start of Christmas week, I must reflect on how far I have gotten with gifts for people. I have fallen a little behind (my plan was to be completely done before today), though I do feel like I have still accomplished a lot. I have finished all my gifts but one (I cannot show progress here yet…)!! I definately have my work cut out for me these last couple days, though.
I completed another bag the other weekend. This one is for another sister-in-law. I thought the first one turned out so well, that I would try my hand at another design.
When I first started, I thought this bag would be much less complicated…I did not have to use fusible webbing to reinforce the fabrics for durability (which I used on the last bag) and there were fewer pieces to cut out and sew together. I was wrong, though. This bag was definately more complicated more than the other. With the book bag, all the seams were at simple, 90 degree angles. This bag however, is gathered along the bottom, which turned out to be a nightmare. It was really difficult to line up the bottom edges of the bag with the bottom panel in a way that looked ok. My poor husband…he had to suffer through my yelling curses at the unsuspecting fabric….or maybe it was suspecting…I swear it was being difficult on purpose!
Anyways, it was definately a relief to have this completed! It was the last gift I had to complete for my in-laws, so we were able to send everything over to California with plenty of time to arrive before Christmas *phew*.
I hope to have the pattern for this and the other bag available for download in early January, so stay posted!